The SNExploration Discord is a safe space, and we intend to keep it that way. If you feel like anyone is making this an unsafe space for any reason, please message any Hosts or Mods in the channel.
In the interest of being more specific about what safe means, here are some rules:
- Don't be a turd. Being a turd is defined as doing any of the following:
- Using racist, sexist, transphobic, ableist, homophobic, or other gnarly language. (Cursing is fine, just make sure it's not any of the above)
- Harassing people, i.e. bothering them repeatedly, @-ing them when they ask you to stop, verbally attacking them, etc. Look up harassment, then don't do those things.
- Posting images or links to things that are NSFW. Basically, don't post pornography please.
- Don't post anything deeply illegal. I'm talking child porn, plans for murdering someone, etc. Feel free to blaze it up as much as you want (fuck the cops)
- Don't spam the chat channels, within reason. We haven't had any problems with this yet, and I'm fine with you posting like 10 messages in a row. I do it all the time because my ability to form complete thoughts is limited. You'll know when you're spamming, so don't do that.
- Finally, here's a list of things that I assume are obvious but should be noted as things not to do:
- Impersonating anyone, especially a Host or Mod
- Rapidly joining and leaving voice chat over and over just to make that annoying ding noise
- Dodging bans, i.e. rejoining with a new account
- NSFW or illegal avatars
- Typing in all caps for an unreasonable amount of time. Really anything more than two sentences is unreasonable.
Breaking any of these rules will result in being placed in time out for up to a week or an outright ban, based on the discretion of the mods. Time out means that you will lose all rights to do anything in the channel for whatever time period we decide is appropriate. A ban means that you're banned and can't come back. There is no appeal process - I'm more interested in keeping people safe than I am having some byzantine legal-esque structure.
Okay, that's it. I don't think I need to tell anyone these rules, everyone has been very respectful and kind. This is just in case I need to reference something later, and to make sure this keeps being a cool place to hang out for everyone.